Chuu's Custom Comic Babe Cards: DECKS

Started by MHC, March 06, 2015, 07:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MHC

I started this thread so we can keep all of the decks using Chuu's Comic Babe set together in one thread.

Here's my first deck:
Beyonder, Ballistic, Jubilee (3), Hawkeye (R)

The goal of the deck is to have Beyonder make long strings of attacks and KO one of the opponent's characters in one turn.  You then concede on your next turn, which saves you from retaliation and lets you reap card advantage benefits in the next battle.   Between Jubilee's AB, Hawkeye's  DH and DJ, Ballistic's DG and GJ, and ally cards, the deck can create chains that are of length 9.  Jubilee's HK (wisecrack) also allows you to make lots of attacks (I've done 11 with that).  I have a similar deck with legacy cards, but this one is much stronger because Ballistic provides both a DG and a negate (which is not possible with any legacy character). 

Morph (3) could be used in replace of Jubilee (3) if you want to have another DG (and a 6S AR).  However, I like the extra defense Jubilee provides through her AD and DB.  That defense is often needed to keep your characters alive after throwing 7 or more attacks at the opponent. 

chuu

So i've come up with a a list of possible decks that I would like to try :D

Essence(r), Red Hood, Starfire, Arsenal (Double Shot Heavy) - Anys

Red Sonia, Reavers, Sabra, Essence(r) - Anys

Zatanna, Doc Strange (R), Scarlet Witch, Fathom - Anys

Power Girl, Carol Danvers: Ms. Marvel, Starfire, Thunderbird (R) - Battlesite

Cassandra Cain: Batgirl, Zealot, Ballistic, Wonder Woman (R) - Anys

Fathom, Zatanna, X-Man, Doc Strange (R) - Anys

Coda Island - Fairchild, Daemonite Voodoo (R), Zealot, Spartan: Hadrian - Battlesite

Ballistic, Witchblade, Heroes for Hire, Velocity (R) - Battlesite

drdeath25

I'll chime in here.

You have to start with Cassandra Cain, shes super powerful, an 8-stat for only 17, with a negate and a team avoid. I also like Essence in reserve with her 9 or less, and possibly an OPD or two. Then my eye goes to Fathom for her IA, which makes her specials non negatable, also with a negate of her own and a teamwork avoid, and 11m attack. Perhaps you could give Fathom the artifact Linkstone, to let her be able to play some big boy cards from her teammates that arent negatable. So lets add some big boy cards for our last hero.... we have 18 points to spend... how about... Red Sonja, even though I wish Power Girl would be legal but its one point over.

So:
Batgirl Cassandra Cain - 2-8-4-3 with her negates and 9 or less avoid, and 12F
Fathom - 7-6-3-5 w/ her IA stopping people from negating her specials but also with her own negates, teamwork avoid, and 11m special
Red Sonja - 1-7-4-5 w/ draw 3, and her 6i only can defend with specials would be awesome, if you had followup attacks from fathom. They could only defend with specials, but wouldn't be able to use a negate.
Essence (Reserve)  - 7-6-2-5 with 9 or lesses, a 6s attack from reserve, and maybe even Paradigm Shift

And since your hero's provide alot of defense just by themselves, you could run a super tricky battlesite, and have Fathom playing them, basically rendering your entire battlesite as cards that could not be negated. Sounds awesome.

So there you have it. A duel negate deck, with two team-wide avoids, a teamwork avoid, and some big time special attacks (and the draw 3), for a possible gimmick combo via Fathom's IA through a potential Linkstone.

What do you think?

PS: Red Monika could also work well in place of Red Sonja. Her IA would give you +4 venture total per battle, plus she has teamwide special card avoid, and some cool attacks that would be awesome if you couldn't negate them.

chuu

Cassie doesn't have a negate, never did. Also upped her grid to 18 (2-8-4-4) and made her AD 6 or less.

Edit: I am really happy that you write so well about the characters though :D Everything else was bang on!

drdeath25

noted. So looks like I automatically change it to the 2nd variant. Cassandra Cain, Fathom, Red Monika and Essence.

chuu

Very nice combination :) got a lot of tricks and defense.

I also want to use rapture, red Sonja, aphrodisiac IX and black cat on a team. Just the BA attacks...he hehe

steve2275

Quote from: chuu on March 07, 2015, 11:05:14 AM
Very nice combination :) got a lot of tricks and defense.

I also want to use rapture, red Sonja, aphrodisiac IX and black cat on a team. Just the BA attacks...he hehe
that sounds Bad Ass

green lantern havok the ray
             essence
         the 9 HR club
anternate character
captain atom (up front with his HR and hopefully placed JB)
alternate character
zatanna

17          19         18
arsenal azrael  deadpool (the 10 Fighting AS club)
               black panther (10 INTELLECT AS)
         THE 10 AS club

THANK YOU CHUU http://www.beenhereandthere.com/SMF/custom-cards/chuu%27s-custom-comic-babe-cards-decks/msg20987/?topicseen#msg20987 how could i forget one of my favorite creations of yours
new version
arsenal azrael red monika
               deadpool(eyes on red monika)
         THE 10 AS FIGHTING club

the guns and arrows club
arsenal red hood ballistic(so gets the MW special? http://i.imgur.com/bB44bxH.jpg
              hawkeye
alternates
the punisher deadpool

chuu

Don't forget that Red Monika also has a 10F AS :)

AO user

First pure babe team including PCs & teamworks:
Angelus
Red monika
Zantana
Essence(R)

My problem is there are too many good cards.  Currently it tips the scales at 68 cards.

Batgirl-Cain (R)
Ballistic
Jubilee(3 grid)
Beyonder ( I'm attempting a custom babe beyonder...its a multiverse beyonder COULD HAVE tried life as a female, why not? )

MHC

Quote from: AO user on March 22, 2015, 11:52:06 AM
Batgirl-Cain (R)
Ballistic
Jubilee(3 grid)
Beyonder ( I'm attempting a custom babe beyonder...its a multiverse beyonder COULD HAVE tried life as a female, why not? )
[/quote1]

Batgirl was edited to be a 2-8-4-4, so this deck is 1 point over the 76-point limit. 

AO user

One of the selling points of this set was that it filled in gaps in OP: an 8F grid and an AO user with 7F that both only cost 17.  I'm going to print the 17 version and use it that way

chuu

Sorry Ao User, I had to balance out Cassandra Cain a little more since she was more powerful than X-Man. So I upped her grid by 1 and depowered her AD. Given that she has a 12, blindside type 3 and her David Cain OPD she's only slightly more powerful than X-Man who's had a strangle hold over cheap 8 characters for quite a while now. The only other cheap 8 characters are thing and hulk and they aren't all that great.

I would actually prefer cassie at 17 points but that would mean de powering more of her cards, like body language expert would change to avoid one attack with a fighting icon, opponent discards a card.

I've asked for help in properly balancing out the set but it hasn't been forthcoming yet.

steve2275

dear chuu
shes your card
and
shes cool as is
and my agreeing with you is my balancing out
signed steve2275

chuu

Hahaha, thanks for the sentiment Steve :)

I want my set to eventually be tournament legal

AO user

Quote from: steve2275 on March 22, 2015, 02:20:31 PM
dear chuu
shes your card
and
shes cool as is
and my agreeing with you is my balancing out
signed steve2275
. Agreed.