Pros and Cons of BE specials

Started by Kyoujin, April 28, 2015, 10:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyoujin

I understand why one wouldn't run a character specific BE, as it's very situational, but what about running one from a Battlesite or Any Heroes? 

Often, when a player concedes, I find it's due to a lacking defense, rather than offense.  If you can sneak in an attack that your opponent can't defend, is it worth running?  That could drastically change the entire momentum of the match!

Also, of the 4 BE cards, why is Wolverine's the only one that's NOT a OPD?  A typo, perhaps?

breadmaster

like you said, you wouldn't want to waste your site opd on a BE, so wolverine is the best bet.  the problem is, he has a defensive card (either the shift or the AG) and an offensive card that is simply too good to leave out (tracking senses).  while the BE is a great situational card, in my experience it isn't worth the increased risk of duping a 3rd activator adds

the any hero one is slightly better than the character ones, but carries the same problem.  you can't place it, because that reveals to the opponent you're down a card.  the amount of time it gets in play doesn't overcome it's limited usefulness.  it is a card you can throw in if you're short of 56

steve2275

sabertooth with either his AR 7 or EJ 2 F that can become 8 I seems like the best of the 3 characters with said BE
http://overpower.ca/wiki/BE
then again carnage has the AE than possibly do 9 F and E damage http://overpower.ca/cards/specials/257.png

Kyoujin

Quote from: breadmaster on April 28, 2015, 06:24:50 PM
like you said, you wouldn't want to waste your site opd on a BE, so wolverine is the best bet.  the problem is, he has a defensive card (either the shift or the AG) and an offensive card that is simply too good to leave out (tracking senses).  while the BE is a great situational card, in my experience it isn't worth the increased risk of duping a 3rd activator adds

the any hero one is slightly better than the character ones, but carries the same problem.  you can't place it, because that reveals to the opponent you're down a card.  the amount of time it gets in play doesn't overcome it's limited usefulness.  it is a card you can throw in if you're short of 56

All very good points.  It can already be tasking to decide what OPD to place anyways; having another just muddies the waters.

AO user

Once Sabretooth plays his is stays on table as a FROG since its OPD (?)