splitting power cards

Started by breadmaster, June 01, 2015, 05:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breadmaster

it's a good idea to split your low power cards among different icons so in case you dupe, you can keep the one that best suits the current situation (teamwork follows, spectrum hits).  it's virtually a must to split your larger ones when you run characters that have different main icons.

the problem I find, is that i'll often keep duplicates.  this happens when one is placed and one in hand, but I've even done it before with 2 of the same value in hand!

anyone have any tips for this.  it seems just a matter of slowing down and being careful, but I repeatedly make this mistake

BasiliskFang

would you say that you accidentally keep dupes in person or on opo? i could see it happening in opo bc you cannot rearrange the cards at all (in your hand).

chuu

Lately i've been more thoughtful of the powercards that I use in a deck.  Basically the break is the the following:

1x1 - forth suit
2x2 - third suit and forth suit - based on teamworks
2x3 - third suit and forth suit - based on teamworks
3x4 - MP4 and third suit - based on teamworks
3x5 - secondary suit only and MP5
3x6 - main and secondary suit
3x7 - main suit
3x8 or just one if there is only 1 level 8 character in my deck.

I tend to place the 8s, 1, 2s and 3s.  4,5,6,7 i rarely place because I know i'll dupe them.  I keep track in my head of what power cards i've gone through and also decide based on that whether i should place something.  Like if I dupe a 5 in round 2 I know I'll be able to place it and not dupe again until turn 5-6 based on probability.  This post probably won't help anyone since it's well explained....but....that's all i got...lol

justa

breadmaster - its justa matter of diligence & determination.  1st hand is easy - the cards are all in hand.  On subsequent hands, we went through the hand, card by card, and compared them with all placed.  Also, establish a plan for reneges.  (I'm sure tournament rules must have provisions for this.)  We often had the same problem, so we decided that when it was noticed, the person not "in the wrong" chose whether to throw away the dupe or reshuffle and "do over".

AO user

One top player picks of his hand ONE card at a time quickly surveying placed cards and moving to the next. After being sure duplicates have been purged he then considers placing etc.  It works for him...although on more than one occasion he ends up with a 6 intellect PC late in battle AFTER invisible woman is KO'd.   ;)

chuu

Quote from: AO user on June 07, 2015, 09:13:38 AM
One top player picks of his hand ONE card at a time quickly surveying placed cards and moving to the next. After being sure duplicates have been purged he then considers placing etc.  It works for him...although on more than one occasion he ends up with a 6 intellect PC late in battle AFTER invisible woman is KO'd.   ;)

this is something that affected me in the last tournament, i put in a 7S PC for beast brute thinking he'd stay alive long enough to use it, boy was I wrong...lol..

BasiliskFang

breadmaster

yeah, that's another problem with splitting the big ones

guess i'll just keep tryin my best

BasiliskFang

draw your hand

rank the power cards hi to low in your hand.

check placed for dupes.

discard.