Main Menu

FD Specials

Started by rucker73, April 02, 2011, 02:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

This is how I read it too. I believe play the FD effectively ends the battle. It would be a draw if no damage has been done yet. This is different from playing a JB special that moves a character into reserve and I believe would also effectively end the battle. (I think this was assumed to be like the battle was conceded.)

did you mean, playing Substitute Death would effectively end the battle?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Nostalgic

Quote from: ncannelora on December 11, 2012, 06:06:51 PM
This is how I read it too. I believe play the FD effectively ends the battle. It would be a draw if no damage has been done yet. This is different from playing a JB special that moves a character into reserve and I believe would also effectively end the battle. (I think this was assumed to be like the battle was conceded.)

did you mean, playing Substitute Death would effectively end the battle?

Yes, I ment that morph playing his HP special effectively ends the battle if he had the FD special already on him.  Sort of like committing suicide before the opponent can get any venture points. (That's grim I know.)
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

thetrooper27

All I meant was that only Morph could play his HP if he was the one who Activated Standoff.  If anyone else Standsoff, Morph is handsoff, and can't play HP.  Is that right?

And do you mean that I could have a turn like this:

FD on Morph, gain a few venture points, then HP, and win the venture?  And possibly the game in the right venture situation???
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

gameplan.exe

Quote from: thetrooper27 on December 12, 2012, 12:40:55 AM
All I meant was that only Morph could play his HP if he was the one who Activated Standoff.  If anyone else Standsoff, Morph is handsoff, and can't play HP.  Is that right?

And do you mean that I could have a turn like this:

FD on Morph, gain a few venture points, then HP, and win the venture?  And possibly the game in the right venture situation???

yes on the first.

if Nostalgic is right (and I could see that being the ruling), then yes on the second, too.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

steve2275

Quote from: Nostalgic on December 11, 2012, 03:52:09 PM
Quote from: steve2275 on December 11, 2012, 07:29:18 AM
http://overpower.ca/wiki/FD
QuoteEither character affected by this Special may play 'Any Hero' Specials.
ill assume that applies to activators as well

since any character can play both card types

http://overpower.ca/wiki/HP
the morph special
i just wanna make sure im right

thetrooper27

I think you are.  But again, I'm the buffoon round here, so make sure someone else confirms that. :P :o ;D
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

gameplan.exe

that is correct, steve2275
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

steve2275

Quote from: ncannelora on December 12, 2012, 10:27:01 AM
thank you

i had an activator i could play after all

BasiliskFang

Quote from: steve2275 on December 12, 2012, 10:29:10 AM
Quote from: ncannelora on December 12, 2012, 10:27:01 AM
thank you

i had an activator i could play after all
i told you to just do it bro lol.

BasiliskFang

Quote from: steve2275 on April 08, 2014, 04:51:05 PM
can wolverine follow it from his AA special?
i would say yes because FD does TARGET.

Tussin

so ideally FD shines in a deck with a great solo character with a good battlesite/any hero option, take your strong guy vs their weak guy and blow him up

chuu

wolverine is the best FD character in my opinion