GA Specials - Mutant Counter Measures

Started by CoS, May 05, 2011, 02:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoS

Forge also has this card (his only usable card?)

Can the hero it is played on as an attack 1) use a personal avoid Or 2) use a personal negate to ignor the effect of this card? If it is not as powerful as the JW then it just makes me sad for Forge.

Personally I have played that both 1 & 2 work because it says "target" - any hope for Forge out there?

Onslaught

Quote110 A Special that indicates what can and cannot be played once it hits can still be defended by the type of card it restricts

GA's are still really good though, especially on turns where you bet for the win

CoS

If you draw out their negate an they don't have a pure avoid, yea. I am running 3 in the Fall's Edge Compund deck (they are his only specials)... He adds teamworks ;)

gameplan.exe

Quote from: CoS on May 05, 2011, 02:53:27 AM
If you draw out their negate an they don't have a pure avoid, yea. I am running 3 in the Fall's Edge Compund deck (they are his only specials)... He adds teamworks ;)

He does add teamworks. Also, I've used his Cherokee Magic to good effect, too. It can be good if it's coupled with a good Event to try to lock out a few power types.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

steve2275

Quote from: CoS on May 05, 2011, 02:33:27 AM
Forge also has this card (his only usable card?)

Personally I have played that both 1 & 2 work because it says "target" - any hope for Forge out there?
what about

Demacus

I have to agree, Forge's KA isn't horrible.  a 5 multi that gets stronger if it comes late in the game?  Not too shabby.  It would be nicer if it wasn't an OPD, but I can't think of a single 5 multi that isn't an OPD, so it works.  Besides, who's gonna look at your line-up and think "FORGE?!?!?!?!?  HE'S GOT TO DIE FIRST!!!!!!"