Multiple JF's

Started by Oscorp, June 30, 2011, 05:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscorp

This is another obscure question that never comes up but I was wondering about.  The JF specials (All anypower hits on permanent record become whatever)  If a character already has one of these played on them and a second one is also played does that change all of the anypowers into dual icon hits or does it just override the original JF?
I'm rubber and you're glue...

Palatinus

It seems most likely that the old one would override the new one.  It would be better if it gave the cards dual icons.  I can never justify including one of these in a deck, but if they were more common, I might use more than one from different characters if they granted additional icons instead of just changing it.  There is also the possibility that once the first special is played, all Any-power hits on the character would no longer be Any-power hits so that the new special doesn't affect them because it doesn't see them as Any-power hits.  In which case, the question would be what would new hits that are added become?  If the second card were going to override the first card it would make the most sense if when the second one came into play the first one were discarded.  Like I said, though, I'd like multiple power types better.

Jack

It does not get dual icons. It does not change. The Any Power cards were changed to the icon stated on the first card and lost all Any Power icons they had. The second one has no effect because they are not Any Power cards anymore.

Palatinus

Quote from: Jack on June 30, 2011, 09:24:39 AM
It does not get dual icons. It does not change. The Any Power cards were changed to the icon stated on the first card and lost all Any Power icons they had. The second one has no effect because they are not Any Power cards anymore.

But what happens to new Any-Power hits that happen after both specials are in affect?

Jack

Then the new one would take effect. So you would have to have really good memory as to which ones are icon X and which are icon Y.

gameplan.exe

I'm under the impression that the JF affects all Anypower hits, once they're on the Permanent record, regardless of when they go there. So, I could play my JF in the first hand and for the rest of the game, all Anypower icons on the target's Permanent record are to be considered a new icon...

Having said that, as for using 2 in a deck, I suppose you should just target different people with each one. Not the best solution, but I don't think you can play 2 diff JF cards on the same person, since they don't have Anypower hits anymore...
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Oscorp

That answers it for me.  Thank you!
I'm rubber and you're glue...