Main Menu

BJ/CW

Started by mattkoz, August 16, 2011, 05:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattkoz

Before reading these boards, I never thought BJ cards could be played defensively.  So, is there any difference between a BJ and a CW coded special except the text on the CW being more accurate and specific?

Jack

BJ cards wouldn't be affected by:

In practice, they are both the same.

Many cards that affect how a character can BE attacked (not how a character CAN attack) can be played defensively. The notable ones that don't follow the logic are the DZ and FA cards.

gameplan.exe

there are 2 practical differences, both based on their semantics.

1) a BJ-coded Special can be played offensively, since it doesn't say "avoid"
This is more useful than you might think, at first (or at least, it was for me)

2) a CW-coded Special does say the word "avoid" and is subject to the Event that says, "No cards with the word "avoid" may be played this battle."

the first point comes up much more often than the second.

Edit: You're too fast, Jack!
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

mattkoz

I see.  So basically, the CW can ONLY be played defensively, making it more restrictive.  I understand. That is a significant difference I hadn't thought about and it does make the BJ a little better because it can be played offensively and defensively.

steve2275

Quote from: mattkoz on August 16, 2011, 09:07:02 PM
I see.  So basically, the CW can ONLY be played defensively, making it more restrictive.  I understand. That is a significant difference I hadn't thought about and it does make the BJ a little better because it can be played offensively and defensively.
take that standoff  ;)