AM Special Question

Started by Nostalgic, August 06, 2010, 04:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nostalgic

Can an AM special be played in conjucntion with another special card attack?  For instance could Domino play the AM special 'fall into place' which gives +2 to all actions with her AP special 'dumb luck' a level 6 energy attack, to make a level 8 enegergy attack?  I think the answer is no, but I don't know the specific rules reference.
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Nostalgic on August 06, 2010, 04:25:53 PM
Can an AM special be played in conjucntion with another special card attack?  For instance could Domino play the AM special 'fall into place' which gives +2 to all actions with her AP special 'dumb luck' a level 6 energy attack, to make a level 8 enegergy attack?  I think the answer is no, but I don't know the specific rules reference.

Yes, they can. You can play AM cards offensively with another card, or defensively. The catch is - if you play it in conjunction with another card and the attack is defended, you lose the AM card as well. The safer bet is to play it on it's own, or as a defense. The same rule applies to BG specials (Prof X. Team Co-ordination.)  If you play it with an attack, and the attack is stopped, you lose the co-ordination. (Meta rule #15, for reference.)

-BBH

Nostalgic

Okay that's cool.  I was only concerned because it was being played with another special card attack.  Professor X can make a level 10 mindwipe attack. Sweet!
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."